Connection is generally fast and reliable. If you have your notebook many cafes allows you to use wifi internet or use one of the mobile operator hotspots around the city. There are also plenty of internet cafes in Prague so if you just wander around you’re bound to bump into one. It’s pretty cheap, costing anywhere from €2 to €5 per hour with most offering light snacks and coffee. Also the staff are very friendly in most Prague internet cafes, so don’t be afraid to ask if you’re having problems.
McDonald’s and KFC restaurants are convenient and reliable places to get free wi-fi access.
Most hotels, including hostels, offer it free of charge to guests; though occasionally more expensive properties charge extra for this service.
Free Wi-Fi internet in Prague
Quite a lot of cafes and bars in Prague are advertising free wi-fi for paying customers, but connection is not always good (check before baying a drink). Also restaurants and hotels very often provide their customers with free internet access, though some networks are operated by municipal authorities. You need to only bring your laptop with a Wi-Fi adapter.
– Vltava Cafe and Restaurant, Masarykovo nábřeží 22
– Jáma Cafe and Restaurant, V Jámě 7
– Modrá Lavička Czech-Thai restaurant, Opletalova 19
Internet Cafés in Prague
– Net Cafe, Na poříčí 8 (just 1 CZK for one minute)
– Bohemia Bagel, Újezd 16 (internet, restaurant and café)
– Bohemia Bagel, Masná 2
– Internet Cafe Prague, Národní 25
– Internet Cafe Prague, Liliová 18
– Cybeteria, Štěpánská 18
– Internet & Tea, Na příkopě 25
– Pl@neta Internet Café, Vinohradska 102, Prague 3
– Globe Bookstore & Café, Pštrossova 6
Mobile 5G/4G Internet
You can get connected to the internet via your mobile operator as well depending on your tariff and roaming access (using 4G or 5G). If you are staying longer it is worth buying a local sim card as well as arranging some tariff for a mobile broadband. Connection is fast and reliable. Consider Mobile prepaid internet from T-Mobile, Vodafone oe O2. This gives you unlimited access to the internet for 850 CZK, monthly. No contract is required; just buy a prepaid sim card pack.