Troja Palace (Trojský zámek) is a Baroque palace is located in a quiet part of Prague Troja, situated on the slopes on the right bank of the river Vltava. The first Baroque summer palace in Prague was built in 1679-1685 by the Burgundian architect J.B. Mathey. The garden and the chateau are connected by a stairway with statues of Antic Gods and Goddesses. The palace is owned by the city of Prague and hosts the 19th century Czech art collections of the City Gallery. The palace’s main rooms is decorated with a magnificent baroque Habsburg’s apotheosis. Many mythological elements are presented in this trompe-l’œil decoration. It was realised by the brothers Abraham and Isaac Godyn, painters from Anvers who arrived at the castle in 1690. Francesco Marchetti and his son Giovanni realised most of the other paintings in the castle.
Location: Prague 7, U Trojského zámku 1; Getting there: Metro C – station Holešovice, Bus 112 – stop ZOO; Open: daily except Mondays: Tue-Sun 10-19; Fri 13-19; closed in winter November – March.