This carefully selected walk covers all the most important sights of Prague, and seeing it with a great guide is like having the past suddenly rise to the surface. We stroll around the famous historical Prague quarters – Old Town, Jewish Quarter, Lesser Town and Prague Castle.
Recommended by travellers; find us on TripAdvisor.
1. The first part starts on Old Town Square with a general introduction to Prague. Admiring the impressive composition of old buildings and churches, we also become acquainted with the life of the Czech reformer John Huss.
2. Crooked lanes lead us back around other keyholes into Prague’s past: Mozart‘s Don Giovanni in the Estates Theatre, Karolinum – the Charles University since 1348, the cubist house of the Black Madonna and the medieval courtyard Ungelt. If there’s time, we also visit the Powder Gate and the majestic baroque building of Municipal House.
3. A visit to the Jewish Quarter leads us back to its tragic history. You discover the destiny of Prague Jews living behind the wall of the former ghetto. The Old-New Synagogue, the Old Jewish Cemetery, the Jewish Museum … visit with us the places where the fabulous Golem was created, and follow with us in the footsteps of the famous Jewish writer Franz Kafka.
4. After this, we walk to Marianske Square, where you have a 30-minute break from 12:45 till 13.15. At this stage, you can decide whether you wish to continue after the break, or if you prefer, you can come another day for the second part of the tour.
5. Our starting point for the second part is the beautiful baroque library of Klementinum. Then, crossing the Charles Bridge, the real “open gallery under the sky”, we admire the peaceful tiny Kampa Island, followed by the graffiti on Lennon Wall. Finally, we reach the Lesser Town Square, the highlight of which is the great St. Nicholas Church. After a relaxing visit to the great St. Nicholas Church, we climb 200 steps leading to the Hradcanske Square. Here we reach Prague Castle, one of the biggest fortresses in Europe. This “city within the city” hides the Schwarzenberg Palace, Archbishop’s Palace, Old Royal Palace, the Basilica of St. George … and the greatest architectural treasure – St. Vitus Cathedral. The walk finishes next to the Old Royal Palace with a charming view of Prague, the city of a hundred spires. It is straightforward to walk, simple to understand and great to enjoy!
How can I claim this free tour offer?
Our chauffeur will automatically give you a ‘ transport voucher’ when using our transfer from Prague Airport or Prague train station. All you need to do is to bring your voucher and show it to our tour guide. more info here
” Good morning Monika, Thank you very much for a wonderful experience! This was my first ever walking tour and I enjoyed it SO much! You were an excellent guide and I thank you!
I just wanted to let you know that I was very happy with your services…. pick-up and drop off was efficient and on time. Please be informed that Monica who does the Prague tour is WONDERFUL…. shes informative, funny, helpful and in general a pleasure as a guide. Thanks once again for your services and please if you can give warmest regards to Monica.
First sceptical, but it was great. I was a bit sceptical of something which was free, and did not expect much. But since the tour started I was very surprised by how good the tour was. Ross, our guide, was excellent and very knowledgeable. My wife and I enjoyed the four-hour walking tour thoroughly. The shuttle transfer from and to the airport was equally good.
Humorous, very interesting tour. We pre-booked the airport transfer as recommended by one of our co-workers. On arrival, our smartly-dressed driver held a clearly-visible card with our name. On the next day we took advantage of the offered tour. Our guide was excellent, funny, and provided extensive knowledge about the history of the city. Interesting stories, and a lot of information about shopping, restaurants and culture makes it an excellent introduction and orientation to Prague on your first day. On the return a different driver arrived 10 minutes ahead, very courteous and talkative. Highly recommended.
Great introduction to Prague. Our guide (forgot her name) was knowledgeable and kept the tour going at just the right pace. We strolled around highlights around Old Town Square, Jewish Town and later, after a 30-minute break, continued towards the Charles Bridge, ending at the Prague Castle. The enthusiastic guide kept the history fun for those that might not enjoy history, and provided answers to our questions. Definitely one of the best tours we have done recently, especially considering that the tour is for free.